Friday, October 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We're home! Joe got out of the hospital on Thursday, 8 days after transplant. He continues to heal at home and we will return to UCLA twice a week for doctors to monitor his medications & progress. He can get around on his own and they encourage him to walk as much as he feels like but no lifting more than 15 pounds. No driving or going to work for at least 4-6 weeks. He's actually adapting quite well to this slower routine... I was a little worried as those who know him know he does not sit still for very long. He's loving all of the calls, cards & short visits from friends & family which make him feel like he's getting back into his life again. Being gone in Florida for 5 months was tough and he is enjoying being at home and reconnecting. Thanks again to all of our friends & family who helped keep our family going throughout all of this. To our donor family we look forward to one day meeting you and sharing our love & gratitude to you for your special gift.
Love, Julie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Joe. We are so happy for all of you. Love to all, Doug, Nancy, Adam, Kate

Marcus Torres said...

Awesome news Joe. I'll be visiting my parents some time the first two weeks of December and I'll stop by to visit. I'll call first to make sure you're up to it. Godspeed. Marcus

Wicker said...

So glad you are home and recovering well. We have been thinking of you very much. We bet it feels good to be home:)

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled to read the great news about your liver transplant.
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue to recover.

Ronnie Meister

Beverley said...

Hi Joe, My name is Beverley and I am the only sibling of Donna your Liver Donor! I did not know what to say before but now I just want to say I am proud of what my Sister decided to do and I am so glad and thankful to God that it has helped you so much. God bless you as you continue to live and touch other lives.
Beverley, Clinton, KY